Looking for ideal budget app.

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by mw77, Jan 9, 2013.

1. mw77 macrumors newbie

With each new year, my wife and I really want to start using an iPhone budget app. that will let us log our purchases and keep our budget seamlessly synced across our iphones, but every app I look at comes up short.

My top priority is the syncing. I want anytime / anywhere syncing (not just wifi) that I don't have to think about once it is set. So far, I've found two apps that appear to try to use iCloud, but…

AceBudget 2 looked promising, until I read more on their iCloud sync wherein all devices have to use the same iCloud account (just stupid).

Jumsoft Money was reviewed well by Lifehacker last year, and they have implemented iCloud syncing, but the reviews on iTunes for the recent release do not bode well (sync is pretty crude, several folks are complaining of lost data).

Others like iReconcile offer an additional "sync service" (i.e. not iCloud) that is ~$20/year…no thanks.

I'm giving up hope that there is anything out there with such syncing ability and am starting to give in to wifi only syncing, and am wondering if others here are using a budget tracking iOS app. with multiple users that they are particularly happy with.

2. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

I use Mint.com which also has a nice app. Otherwise maybe use a spreadsheet on google drive?

3. fiddlestyx macrumors 6502

Like the person above said, check out Mint.com. I used to use that when I first started budgeting.

Another idea, which I use now, is a spreadsheet on Numbers saved to your iCloud.

4. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

This is exactly what I do. Became a lot better solution when the iOS app got the ability to edit the spreadsheet natively. Pretty clean and I can edit it whatever way I like.