Looking for ideas to Combat "Droid" Ringtone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dscar92, Jan 23, 2011.

1. dscar92 macrumors newbie

I love my iPhone 4. My roommate got a Droid World Edition for Christmas. I feel like my iPhone is far superior to his, except for one thing...Ringtones. I am not a fan of the stock ringtones on the iPhone, for one, EVERYONE uses them, so anytime one goes off, EVERYONE checks their phone, and they arent that cool. But the Droid's stock ringtone is the one thing that my roommate's phone has that I am quite jealous about. Does anyone know of a ringtone that could kick my roommate's butt?
    ~Daniel S.

2. Rooftop voter macrumors 6502a

3. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc

Um, you do know that you can add ringtones to the iPhone...?

4. neko girl macrumors 6502a

neko girl

@dscar92, there are cheap utilities to make ringtones on your Mac or your iPhone itself. Check them out!

5. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

I think he means a text message tone, but i could be mistaken.

6. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

The only time a iPhone ringtone will sound the same on other iPhones is if you're using the stock ringtones. I haven't used them...ever. So I'm not sure what you're talking about. Almost everyone I know with an iPhone uses non-stock tones. So that argument is invalid on my side.

1. Make your own ringtones. They're easy as pie. Search google, you'll also be able to download many many .m4r ringtones for free.
    2. Droid ringtones. How would those be different than other ringtones? They're different just like every other ringtone. I don't understand.
    If you want the Droid ringtone, download it, convert it, sync it. Now your iPhone will sound like a Droid.