Looking for iMovie program for windows

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Pathfinder55, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Pathfinder55 macrumors 6502

I am looking for a program for windows that is just as good or better than iMovie. I it would also have to be vista compatitble. Any suggustions?

2. Pathfinder55 thread starter macrumors 6502

3. robanga macrumors 68000

robanga

I've used Ulead Studio (last version i purchased was 8.0) on windows and liked it. Its hard to beat the simplicity of iMovie.

4. bking1000 macrumors 65816

I used Windows consumer-level video editors up until summer 07. Unless something came out recently, then I'd say there was nothing as simple is iMovie. That's one of the reasons I switched.

Having said that, I liked Premier elements best, and it is more powerful than iMovie (08 or HD) but is not quite as "fun" to use.

5. newportmac macrumors member

I would really think twice about abobe premier elements. I purchased 4.0 recently and it is the worst by far. If you are using vista you can all but forget it working on your machine. If you insist on elemets then go 3.0 if you are using xp. it wont work on vista. I suggest you buy sony vegas movie studio. it is extremely stable and isnt very difficult to lear. Lots of tutorials on youtube to assist with anything advanced.

6. bking1000 macrumors 65816

Re: my earlier comment. I used Premiere Elements v3.0, so I don't know 4. Sorry to hear they mucked it up. It WAS a nice little package on XP.