Looking for information on spontaneous screen cracking

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Macaroooon, Sep 4, 2014.

1. Macaroooon macrumors 6502

Hi, last year my mbp screen cracked randomly without having been dropped or had impact.

I wanted to know if anyone could give me any information about why this could happen or link me as I'm aiming on taking out a consumer law complaint (for other reasons) and need to be able to back myself up.

Thanks!

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'm not sure there is anything that an internet forum can give you to back up a legal complaint. To be honest, I don't think a screen cracking out of the blue is a common occurrence.

You cannot introduce hearsay into a lawsuit, so anything you bring must be properly deposed by a lawyer.

3. Macaroooon thread starter macrumors 6502

I see what you mean. I'm not going to let this go though as I know the screen cracking was not my fault and I don't think it's fair that this is getting in the way of me persuing my consumer law complaint :(

4. Beliblis macrumors regular

other than a very(!) sudden change of temperature – I don't know why a piece of glass would break all of a sudden, without impact.

Not saying you're not telling the truth, but: did you take it from an air-conditioned room into a hot outdoors location / bright sunlight?

5. Macaroooon thread starter macrumors 6502

No I was using it on a wooden table - in a house! No chsnge pf temperature

6. ABC5S Suspended

ABC5S

"Hi, last year my mbp screen cracked randomly....."

Last year ? That's all I had to read, and moved on....

7. Macaroooon thread starter macrumors 6502

I've been persuing this off a year and now my mac has stopped working completely.

8. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

If that happened last year and you didn't pursue it, I'd say if isn't too late now, it will be shortly.

9. Beliblis macrumors regular

With Apple care, there's still 2 years of hope (maybe). I've never purchased Apple care because I think Apple's products are expensive enough as they are.... but that's just me.
    I've read MANY reports, however, that Apple seems to be very lenient with customers who've purchased Apple care (including cases of water damage). But like I said: that's hear-say.

10. Macaroooon thread starter macrumors 6502

I think I still have apple care. I'm looking at the sake if goods act and reasons why this could have happened.