Looking for input from some of you Pro/experts on which one

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by terrymaz, Jun 12, 2012.

1. terrymaz macrumors regular

I currently have a MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2.53GHz, Mid 2009) 2.53 GHz 250 HDD
    Processor Type: - Intel Core 2 Duo (Penryn) with 8 gig of RAM. I want a new MBP and want the one with Retina Display due to me be blind in the right eye due to Multiple Sclerosis. The only heavy program i have that pushes it right now is Aperture.

I just can't decide which one to get. I don't mind stepping up and paying for the additional storage. I do feel i want the 16gb ram for sure. I also own a 2TB Apple time Time Capsule. Should i stay with the base amount of flash memory or upgrade it? I plan on getting more into the photography hobby and i only shoot in RAW which takes up quite a bit of space.

The only other question i have is when setting up the new one, should i use the same user name as my current pro? I plan on keeping the one I'm on and adding the second macbook pro. Not sure if its beneficial to use the same user name or if it will cause conflicts.......Thanks for any help/advice you guys give.

Terry

2. Fraaaa macrumors 65816

Fraaaa

So your question are:

Should you get more storage?

Upgrading the storage is going to be expensive.

from 256 to 512 is $600.

and from 512 to 768 is another $500.

True that RAW are quite heavy, however you have to consider whether you want to have all your picture on your computer or not. Another solution is to have an external flash storage if you want those pictures with you but don't feel spending the extra money. If money is no problem then just add up, but remember that is $1100 on top what you already spending.

Should I keep my username?

If you are referring to iCloud/Apple ID then keep it. I don't see any benefit of having an additional one, you are going to fragment everything. There is no problem of transferring from one mac to the other.