Looking for inspiration for my film.

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by bki122689, Aug 11, 2009.

1. bki122689 macrumors 6502

bki122689

I am hanging on this idea I have about a man who just went through a tragic divorce. Some time passes and the man is still madly in love with his ex-wife.
    Anything you guys can add on to that?

2. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

Well its a pretty well used theme but you could twist into a sort of suicide for the guy as he is so in love with this women (who could now be seeing someone else) that he cannot live anymore.

Just an idea!

What part do you want inspiration. The whole story? Do you want us to think of scenarios or what?

3. lighthouse_man macrumors 6502a

No so difficult way is to think in genera terms. This basic idea can be treated in so many different ways. Think how it will differ if it's a horror than a comedy than a thriller and so on. Once you lock on a genera, if you know about generas, you'll notice that that particular genera's elements are helping you a lot in building your plot.

4. lozenger macrumors newbie

Hmm, depends what way you want it to go - you say a tragic divorce - are kids involved? What is so tragic about it? Do you want it to be a sick thriller with him obsessed with her, spying on her every move etc, maybe get a job as her boss, and bring her down that way with lots of twists turns etc?

Or is it funny/sad - Maybe he could fall in love with someone else really annoying/ unlikely right under his nose whilst still pursuing her? Or do you want him to get her back happily in the end - haha he was the right guy all along after lots of other dates or maybe move on in other ways - depends on the moral of the story? You have only given the first taster this could go anywhere- what are you thinking?

5. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

Yeh, I think you need to provide more of the base story?

Or is that what you are looking for here? Are we coming up with the story for you or aiding and fine tuning your script?

Keep us updated on the project.