Looking for internet productivity app (get me off the internet!!!)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by lip5016, Aug 19, 2014.

1. lip5016 macrumors regular

Hello. I am looking for an internet productivity app to get me off the internet and improve my productivity.. I was looking for something that will basically "shut off" all internet connections across my computer, and something that CAN be turned off IF I restart my computer or something .. Sometimes I actually do need to get on the internet for whatever reason, so I would like something that's strict, but *NOT* an "end-all" where if I really need to get on, I can't even if I restart my computer..

I was hopefully looking for something that can monitor my total internet usage with things like graphs, charts, statistics, hours logged on websites, email, social media, etc..

Also, was hoping for something that I can make up an automatic "time-schedule" .. something that would be able to be set for something like the first 55 minutes of every hour, leaving the last 5 minutes of the hour as accessible, just in case I need to take care of something quickly :)

Any recommendations?

2. ScoobyMcDoo macrumors 65816

There is an app called SelfControl that may help. You could also use opendns to block those web sites which are hindering your productivity.