Looking for iPad 2 "book" cases - What's your favorite one?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by BJB Productions, Aug 8, 2011.

1. BJB Productions macrumors 65816

BJB Productions

Hi all,
    I apologize if this has already been posted about. I have a SmartCover for my iPad 2, but I'm starting to think it would be nice to have another case for carrying it around. If I were to drop it, knock it against a door, etc, it could easily get a dent or worse. (In fact I've already had a few close calls)

I'm really intrigued by the book cases, but I can't seem to find many.

So far the only one I have found is the BookBook. It's pretty nice, but i'm not sold on it yet. Seems a little cumbersome.

I also found the Octavo, but it does not have a stand function, which I would like.

Anyone else found any better ones? Or anyone have one of these? Just really want to make a good decision. Willing to spend $70...although cheaper is always better.

2. techdude6693 macrumors 6502

I personally like the ZooGue. Its $50 (I have a $5 coupon code if you want it), and it has a lot of cool features like a stand, headrest mount, and its genuine leather as well.

3. eye4ni macrumors member

I got this one at Best Buy for $60
    http://www.goincase.com/products/detail/book-jacket-classic-cl57924/4

Very pleased with it, it provides good protection for carrying the ipad around, and I never remove it from the case. The case can be folded in a way that provides a stand feature with 3-4 different angles (all landscape though, no way to stand it up in portrait). It also has the elastic band that will hold the cover open or closed easily. Camera is accessible and not blocked, also home key is unobstructed and other keys are easy to press. Outside of the case feels nice like leather, even though it is a poly material. The inside is suede and feels nice.

Of course, the case adds a little bulk, but not much. I use my ipad for business and personal applications, and this is a good all-around case for me. IMO it is a little pricey, but nearly all of the ipad 2 cases I could find were similarly priced.

4. BJB Productions thread starter macrumors 65816

BJB Productions

Thanks for those. Not exactly what I'm looking for, but always great to see what else is out there.

5. glen e macrumors 68030

I have all 3 of the big boys and like them all....Treegloo, Portenzo and Octavo...I worry about all 3 coming loose in the long run. I use them for premier business meetings, and a smartcover and back for everyday use.
    [​IMG]

6. Sixtafoua macrumors 6502

Sixtafoua

I really like the octavo, it doesn't have any type of stand, but to be honest, i don't really miss the stand. Mine has fallen apart in a few places, but it wasn't anything a little glue couldn't fix. I would recommend this case if you like the look and don't mind it being a bit bulkier than other cases.
    also, it's strange and i don't understand it, but a lot of people think i made the case myself. I guess they thought i tore apart a book and put my iPad in it... though it's not a bad idea, I don't think it would look like the octavo in the end.

When i bought my case in march, there were only 3 i could find, and the portenzo and the DODO were the other ones i found:
    Portenzo:
    http://shop.portenzo.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=Notebook-Style-iPad_2-case

There's also the DODO case:
    http://www.dodocase.com/

Hope this helps :)