Looking for iPhone 4 Case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by bmxracer182, Nov 28, 2010.

1. bmxracer182 macrumors newbie

Anyone have any suggestions on a good case for my iPhone 4? I saw the Element cases but I've been reading a lot of negative reviews with the phone signal. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Benguitar Guest

Benguitar

What kind of case do you want?

Style/Thin or Protection?

3. bmxracer182 thread starter macrumors newbie

Like I said, I like the look of the element case. I really like the machined stuff. I've been searching on google and I saw other ones like Element that seems to be a copy of their design. How does it feel with the squared off sides? That's one thing I don't like about the 4 and I miss about my 3GS.

I same some reviews on a case from a company called Kinetic Cases. Has anyone seen there stuff yet? I saw they are doing pre-orders so I'm not sure they are out there yet.

4. Benguitar Guest

Benguitar

This is the case I use, Otterbox.com

You may or may not like it, But if you want one of the best protective cases there are, Otterbox will serve you great.

5. bmxracer182 thread starter macrumors newbie

I've had plastic cases and if I drop or hit my phone on anything, they always break apart. I don't want to be buying another case in a couple months. I really appreciate the suggestions though. Please keep them coming.

6. Benguitar Guest

Benguitar

I've dropped that case on Mexican tile, Asphalt, Wood and not had more than a scratch.

Defenders are plastic skeletons inside with a rubber outside.

Two layers of protection. :rolleyes:

My point being, They don't break apart. ;)

7. bmxracer182 thread starter macrumors newbie

I will have to check those out. I must admit, I am a sucker for something that looks cool. That's what drew me to Element's case, but I have to have my phone work too.

8. Big Ben macrumors newbie

I should admit that I am what you would probably consider a case whore. I owned a LOT of cases for my 3GS and I really liked the Element case for that so I ordered one shortly after they started pushing them for the 4. I think I had to wait 10 weeks to get one and as much as I like the looks of it I really did not like how it felt edgy and the big punch line is that I paid $100 bucks and waited ten weeks to get a case that KILLED my reception. I felt stupid when I did a search and found pages and pages and pages of complaints about the same thing. The only good news is that a lot of lemmings are still buying them on flea bay.

I just ordered a Kinetic Case after reading a review on them. I am super pumped about this case. They claim they tested it for months and have the reception problems sorted out. And, if you look at the case it looks super smooth and like it would feel really nice. They look like a good set up. I sent them an email and I had a response really quickly. They said they are shipping my case this coming week. If they double that it will be a LOT better than the crappy service I got from Element.

Check them out. They were quick to respond to an email so if you have questions send them an email. I think Rick or Nick answered my email within 20-30 minutes with some answers and pics that I requested. They said if I was not happy they would let me return it. I ordered Blue with the Carbon back piece. http://www.kineticcase.com/index.html

I also had the Otter box for my 3GS and bought one for my 4 and it is neat, but not too practical for me. It is BOMB proof and I still throw it on when I go hiking or MTB riding when I think I will drop my phone in water or something like that. I feel safe with it in my camel back if I have a big get off.

Sorry for the long post.

9. Big Ben macrumors newbie

My older brother used to joke about wearing two rain coats in the bedroom. Not sure if he was telling the truth or not but he knocked up his girlfriend in highschool so two layers isn't always better. JK :p

The Otter Box defiantly has it's place. If you drop your phone a LOT, get it wet, or kick it around the Otter Box is probably your best option. But I want something that looks as bad ass as my new iPhone4. I really like the naked look of my 4 but hate the way it feels. I thought the element would be better but it wasn't much or any of an improvement. I read in a review or on another site (maybe the-gadgeteer) that they felt the same way about the element cases corners or edges. That might be where I heard about the Kinetic Case.

10. KineticCase macrumors newbie

@Big Ben

It was Nick that would have answered your questions. Thanks for supporting Kinetic Case. We are VERY excited about the feedback and orders we are getting.

@bmxracer

The reason we spent four months developing the Kinetic Case system was so we could sleep at night knowing that the products we sell will function as our customers expect them to. If you get your case and you are not happy with it feel free to return it. It is that simple. I can write pages about all the energy and resources we have into building the Kinetic Case system, but once you get one in your hands you will understand why you wanted one.

@Benguitar

The Otter Box is a nice product for what they are trying to achieve. Our product has a different goal. We wanted to develop something that had very smooth lines, felt nice in your hands and looks great at the same time. We feel like we achieved our goals as well as Otter Box achieved theirs.

11. jeremy566 macrumors member

i have been searching for days and i chose the Switcheasy trim black. Cant wait till i get it.

12. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

Do you happen to have more photos? You barely have any on your website. Maybe I would consider buying one if you had a gallery or something..? Thanks.

13. ryanrich macrumors regular

I have two cases, one for great protection and one very thin and sleek one...

Protection: Speck Candy Shell. Very nice protective case, but does make the phone quite bulky, and sort of takes away the great look of the iPhone 4.

Thin, sleek: Cygnett Frost iPhone 4 Slim Case

14. KineticCase macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

We do have more photos that we are working on getting up on the site as soon as possible.

15. bmxracer182 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks everyone for their input. I decided to order a case from Kinetic. I emailed with them a couple times and I guess their pre-order sale is ending some time soon and the price will jump to $80 so I figured this was a good chance to get one for a good deal.

Can't wait to get something on my phone. It looks boring withing nothing on it. :D

16. Big Ben macrumors newbie

I just noticed today that they have a couple more pics up. They emailed me some the other day that are really nice. They said they are getting a gallery page up soon. I'm sure they would be happy to email you some more pics if you contact them.
    I also got this image linked to me the other day before they emailed me the pics. If you can't tell I am pretty excited to get one of these cases. I will post a review once I get it. [​IMG]

17. scutts macrumors member

try looking up Gasket case by id America. It's an aluminum case without a hefty price tag. It seems tho the design really depends on who's looking at it. A lot of people on this forum seem to dislike the design. I, on the other hand, own the case and am happy to say that it's the best $30 i spent on a iPhone case. So check it out.

-----------------edit
    oh, didn't see that you've already made a decision. oh well. let us know how the case is.

18. bmxracer182 thread starter macrumors newbie

I will definately let you know how the case is. I heard from them last night that they will begin shipping next week. Thanks for the help

19. KineticCase macrumors newbie

We now have more pics up as well as a gallery that we link to on our website. Check it out...

20. Big Ben macrumors newbie

DAMN, now I wish I ordered Orange!!!

@bmxracer Are you going to post a review? I think I ordered mine before you so I will post up pics and a review when I get mine. I've been bugging the tech guy at Kinetic and it seems like this will be the first legit aluminum case. I will definatly keep everyone informed.

21. bmxracer182 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm planning on it. Hoping to get it within a couple weeks. Let me know when you get yours.