Looking for Iphone 6 Plus case with GRIP and Protection

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ohymmot, Oct 9, 2014.

1. ohymmot macrumors newbie

I love the iphone 6 plus, but as we all know with the curved glass and round design it is very slippery to use naked. I accepted I will use this with a case from the design. So far I purchased 3 cases.

1) Apple midnight blue leather case
    http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...act=rc&uact=3&dur=1434&page=1&start=0&ndsp=20
    2) Spigen gunmetal air cushion case
    http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...iact=rc&uact=3&dur=833&page=1&start=0&ndsp=25
    3) Spigen Neo Hybrid Metal Gold
    http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...iact=rc&uact=3&dur=769&page=1&start=0&ndsp=24

Of all those cases, my favorite case is actually the apple leather case. The feel is premium and grippy to hold. I can hold that and not worry about dropping it. Also with the plus so big, the thin small profile of this case is very nice. I can use my plus one handed with this case. It's thin and grippy. But is also has very minimum protection; if I were to drop it, it would shatter.

The spigen air cushion is a nice look but it's hard to hold because the back is clear plastic. There is no grip there; it doesn't feel good to hold. When I hold my phone, I use the back for grip not only the sides. It looks to offer more protection than the apple leather case.

The spigen neo hybrid metal is a very nice looking case. It looks very classy and elegant, but that's all it is. It's just all looks and no function. The metal border is incredibly slippery. The back has some grip, but you need to hold on the sides to actually hold the phone. Not including the terrible frustration of trying to remove this case, you will feel like you might bend the phone. I took it off maybe twice and both was a struggle. The metal borders hold on tight. The aluminum borders also degrade signal strength of your phone. Again, I really do like the look, but I wouldn't go out in a normal day with it. I'd be too paranoid of the phone slipping.

I came across the UAG, but reviews on Amazon says the case has no grip. How good is it if it has great drop protection, but its slippery with no grip.
    Anyone have any luck on cases with good protection and has grip to it ?

2. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

I usually go for the super ultra thin cases. However with the Plus, I got the white Apple silicone case as I wait for the super thin cases to come on the market. I really, really like the silicone case. I like the perfect fit. I like the grip and feel and also like how the white totally matches the phone. This time around I won't be purchasing 15 cases searching for the perfect case. I've found the perfect case for me.

3. macher macrumors 6502a

macher

Yes the Verus Thor has great grip and pretty slim for the protection it provides.

4. ssdaytona macrumors member

You're right about the UAG cases. It looks like it has good protection but it's not grippy like the otterbox defender. It's too bad because I have 2 coming. I just found a co-worker with one today and was a little disappointed

5. Dubberton macrumors regular

I'm waiting. There don't seem to be many out right now. Seems like slim pickings with big price tags.

6. mrgossett macrumors 6502

I had the Verus Thor for my 6 (not Plus) and I returned it to Amazon because it was too slick and had little grip, plus the buttons were stiff and hard to press. I now have the Tech 21 Smokey case and I love it... Just the right amount of grip, slim but protective, and looks and feels great.

7. ohymmot thread starter macrumors newbie

Tech 21 makes quality cases. I use to have one for my iPhone 5. It's grippy too, but it's thick on the sides and makes the phone look wide. I don't prefer the look the case gives. But of course its function over form.

8. cfairbank macrumors 6502

Completely agree. Waiting on the arrival of an in olio NGP. Have always like the NGP for its protection yet slim fit. Also waiting patiently for magpul to update their cases for the 6 and 6+.