Looking for iPhone car cradle

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by EagerDragon, Mar 18, 2010.

1. EagerDragon macrumors 68020

EagerDragon

I am looking for a cradle for an iPhone to place the unit within easy reach of the driver. Something similar to the GPS cradles but mounted in the interior and not the windshield.

Any suggestions?

2. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

I'd definitely recommend a ProClip. I have this one in my car (see my blog for a recent post with pics of my iPhone car set-up) and it's great. I hate the mounts that go on windshields (they always fall off at the worst possible moment) and the vent mount ones never seem sturdy enough to me. The ProClip ones are a bit pricey, but they are totally worth it in my opinion. Note that they are a 2-part system – you first need the mount for your specific car, and then the cradle for your iPhone to attach to the mount. I bought the mount for my car years ago and just change the cradle when I get a new phone.

3. apbwolf macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

I am currently using a standard Apple dock that I mounted to my dash with heavy duty double side tape. I use a Belkin Micro auto charger that's pluged into the back of the dock.

This setup is much sturdier than I expected. I've driven over some very rough roads and my iPhone doesn't move.

4. sjdigital macrumors regular

Agreed. This is my installation and I find it excellent - absolutely rock steady. With a vent mount you can usually (with a bit of ingenuity) route the cabling through the vent which gives a very neat installation.

Attached Files:

5. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Just bookmarked the ProClip site. Very cool idea and I think one is in my future. Not much room in the Vette for a phone...this will be perfect!