Looking for iPod Touch 5th Gen 6.1.3 ipsw.signature file

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Skunkman2011, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Skunkman2011 macrumors newbie

Hello MacRumors forum! I updated to iOS 7 a few months ago and I am truly regretting it. I came up with an idea after looking in my ...\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPod Software Updates and finding IPSWs and ipsw.signatures in there. I figured if I put an ipsw.signature file and tried Shift-Clicking the restore button in iTunes and selecting the iOS 6.1.3 IPSW it would probably work. It may not but it doesn't hurt to give it a try. If someone can post a link to a download to their ipsw.signature file (iPod 5, iOS 6.1.3) it would be great. Thanks! :D

2. BrettApple macrumors 65816

BrettApple

As far as I'm aware, with any iOS device with an A5 or newer cannot downgrade it's version of iOS.

With the A4 and lower, you could use SHSH blobs to restore to previous versions, but everything after it isn't really possible.

I believe it comes down to not having real boot rom level exploits for the newer devices like we did in the past.

3. mangomind macrumors 6502a

mangomind

The only way it is possible to downgrade the firmware on iOS devices is if a bootroom exploit is discovered. No bootroom exploits have been found for A5+ chips. So you can't downgrade once you upgrade.

For major iOS updates, I recommend looking at a different device with the new iOS version, and updating your own device if you like what you see.

Without a bootroom exploit, the only way one can install firmware is if Apple signs the firmware. When a new iOS version is released, Apple normally keeps signing the last one for a few more days. So you might be able to upgrade and downgrade within a couple days of an update.

4. ourmountain macrumors regular

Why not just use a theme to get the look of iOS 6 back if you're that unhappy with 7? It's not like performance is even noticeably different between 6.1.3 and 7.1.2.