Looking for iPod touch car holder

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by jake.f, Jun 6, 2010.

1. jake.f macrumors 6502

Hi
    I am after an iPod touch holder/cradle for my car. I was looking at this one: http://www.smartmadesimple.com.au/Products/15007684/Car-Charger-Deluxe-for-iPod-and-iPhone.htm however I need it to be able to plug into my stereo via AUX, and seeing as apple decided to put the 3.5mm jack on the top of the ipod Touch that won't work at all. So I am looking again.
    What I need is something that will not block the 3.5mm jack on the iPod and either charge directly, or attach somehow not using the cigarette lighter.
    Suggestions would be appreciated,
    Thanks.

2. Moocher macrumors regular

Try google.

I use this: http://us.kensington.com/html/14492.html along with a cheap adhesive mount I found somewhere on the web stuck to my center console and it works great. The Liquid Aux (see link) comes with a remote, charges while outputting sound through the dock, and is very reliable.

I tried a vent mount and it wasn't stable enough. I tried a window mount and it wasn't close enough in my car.

Mooch

3. jake.f thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the suggestion, I will look into it.

4. ljonesj macrumors 6502a

ljonesj

? would a normal iphone's holder work for the car for a ipod touch as i like to have one myself

5. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

Car holder for a Touch? Mine will hold photos of cars, but when I tried to hold a real car with my Touch I broke the volume buttons and cracked the glass. :eek: :D

6. jake.f thread starter macrumors 6502

What? That's preposterous!

Wonder if apple warranty will cover it.......;)