Looking for laptop backpack under $100 for MBP 13"

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by chuckflip53, Aug 15, 2010.

1. chuckflip53 macrumors regular

Most backpacks I see have laptop sleeves built in but they're all really thin and flimsy looking - I'm looking for a backpack that has a nice, padded laptop compartment and can hold a few textbooks as well?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Why not get a sleeve? $20 and you won't need a backpack to "protect" your laptop.

3. chuckflip53 thread starter macrumors regular

I am going to college and will be moving around constantly - even with a sleeve the laptop will be sitting alongside a few textbooks

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

I don't see your point. Almost any backpack will hold a 13" MBP.

5. chuckflip53 thread starter macrumors regular

Yes all backpacks with laptop compartments will hold my 13" mbp...that wasn't my question though. I'd like to find a backpack with relatively thicker padding

6. iamvexed macrumors member

I have the BBP Industries for my 13", and I love it. Look around the net for reviews, you'll see I'm not the only one who loves it. Also, feel free to search through the MacRumors forums using MRoogle, and you'll find more people who like it.

I have yet to find a negative review of the bag.

Good luck with your decision!

7. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

So you want to tie moving your laptop around to having your backpack with you ("for protection") and want to spend more money doing so? Ok, I give up.

8. aopolis macrumors newbie

I've had the same backpack for a few years, no wear yet, still very comfortable, holds up to 17" (very heavy though, my 17incher was like 8 lbs, & then add books it was a nightmare) & lots of room for books at the same time in the other compartment. So it has one giant one for a lappy, another giant one for books, and a third one that could fit smaller books and then 1 or 2 more for other stuff. It's great.

of course everyone knows the brand. Swiss Gear.

9. Looon macrumors 6502a

Looon

10. Doc750 macrumors 6502a

I have a brenthaven bag, and I absolutely love it.

11. Morley7 macrumors member

+1

12. ColourMeRedd macrumors newbie

could you be any more of a douche?

anyway. bbp industres is nice but the bottom of the backpack isnt padded as well as i would have liked. it is a very good backpack none the less. if you want an extremely padded backpack, level8 is very well padded.