Looking for LCD 22"+ with HDMI input, any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by bossxii, Mar 12, 2009.

1. bossxii macrumors 68000

Hey all, looking for a 22 to 30" LCD (1920x1200) to hook my MBP up to. I want a monitor with 1 HDMI port as well. I've only found a few that have an HDMI input so if anyone has one and can suggest one that works well with the UMBP would appreciate it.:)

2. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

3. bossxii thread starter macrumors 68000

Oh very nice, if you don't mind posting up your thoughts or PM me I'd greatly appreciate it. I did see a 24" T240 model but some review were complaining about the screen being set back in the bezel by 1/4" and some reflection issues or whatnot.

This one looks very nice for the price and the HDMI setup. Not sure about the resolution though 1650x1050. Curious if this would cause any issues with the MBP's 1900x1200 resolution or make it crop out any HD video from the MBP.

Either way thanks for the option, look forward to hearing some thoughts.

4. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

It won't crop anything, it'll scale it down to that size. Go for the 24" version to get full 1920x1200 resolution (Model T240HD if I remember correctly). All the Samsungs get great reviews. My 32" LCD and 52" LCD TVs are Samsungs and they are really amazing...I'm sure the 22", 24", and 26" are the same.

5. bossxii thread starter macrumors 68000

Dang, another 100 bucks and 2" less heh but 24" is the better size for me anyhow with my desktop hutch. Thanks for the heads up!:)

6. bossxii thread starter macrumors 68000

Wow! what a list :eek: some nice choices there for sure. Appreciate the help.

7. xhambonex macrumors 6502a

I have the 24" ToC Samsung T240HD and I have no issues with it. I love that it has a built in tuner and 2 HDMI ports dvi, vga, and component as well. I don't like that it outputs audio in optical only, but it does offer a good variety other picture control (contrast, brightness the works). Glare, I have no issues with but I am generally not in direct light. I use mine mainly for my xbox, then as a monitor and I have a MBP couple revs back but have zero issues with it. I love the thing though the viewing angle is not the greatest I only look at mine from the front so it doesnt bother me. :) I got on newegg for a good deal.

8. triplefinger macrumors member

9. JasonA macrumors member

10. tgelston macrumors newbie

11. joshualee90 macrumors member

I own the T240. Its a great monitor. No problems with it at all. If you only need one HDMI port then get the regular one if you want more then get the HD one. I bought mine for $350 CAD so im sure you can find it out there for a good price. Only issue is it is hard to match colors with my MBP. But i find that unless you go with apple's (overpriced) displays you won't get the same color.

12. vaderhater245 macrumors 6502

I actually own the T260HD. great display for multimedia stuff, not so much for graphic design obviously. Still a great display and I highly recommend it! Sam's Club Price for me was $480 after tax.

EDIT: forgot to mention it works great with a First Gen Rev A MBP and one of the new Unibody Macbooks.

13. illegallydead macrumors 6502a

illegallydead

I'm going to be getting this beauty, hopefully as a birthday gift, if not, still going for it :D

If you do in fact want the full 1920x1200, then you can get it's big brother.

The 22" has 1 HDMI input and one VGA, so if you are trying to hook up two HDMI sources than that won't work. The 25" has 2 however, so if you have the $$$ for it, I'd say go for that. Both have very nice reviews everywhere I've looked. (note: obviously, look elsewhere for better prices; HP's pages had the best info so that's where I linked you to)
    They both can even swivel to portrait mode for viewing text documents, etc., if that is something you are interested in...

14. moez macrumors regular

Good call.... excellent monitor. Been using it for sometime. he height adjustment comes in handy. The portrait mode not so much.

15. JediMac macrumors newbie

Sorry for the noob question, but could someone elaborate as to why?

16. James Cole macrumors 6502

17. u6crash macrumors member

u6crash

I'm using a BenQ G2400W that I got from clearance at NewEgg. Not sure what you need the HDMI for (I plug my xBox 360 into mine), but there are no speakers so I have to use the 3.5mm headphone jack for sound. Whatever you go with, check out NewEgg to see if you can get it cheaper. Their prices can rarely be beat.

18. MacBH928 macrumors 68020

MacBH928

I am looking for a monitor too for the new macbook.
    I want a 24 inch monitor, would be nice if it had component, I don't care for Hdmi. I have nothing that uses that.

The apple monitor costs $900, I can add $300 and get an imac for that price.

I want to play games on it and watch video. I want it to use full capability of the macbook(top resolution)

I know nothing about displays,
    Is there something I should be warned about when looking for monitors?
    Color depth? input? brand? Is there any signs NOT to buy the monitor?
    Excuse me noob-ness in this area , but I never bought a monitor, It always came with the computer.

I can see recommended ones , but I am not sure which one to pick, price vary and there must be a reason

19. spacemanps macrumors regular

spacemanps

i just picked up a dell sp2309 from otherworld computing and i love the freakin thing... 2048X1152... its a sweet ass monitor... check it out

20. Thessman macrumors regular

I just yesterday got the hp lp 2475w. It is not as cheap as a TN panel, but it is a very nice monitor, with lots of interfaces.