Looking for Mac Pro, but this is cheaper - opinions?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by glossywhite, Mar 2, 2010.

1. glossywhite macrumors 65816

glossywhite

Hi folks. I am thinking of buying a Mac Pro, but this seems to satisfy my requirements and is a lot cheaper:

[​IMG]

Thoughts?... :D ROFL

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

3. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Looks like a ski boot.

A Mac Pro is beautiful. This...this is scary.

4. dryjoy macrumors regular

TBH, that's could be the most horrible looking tower I've ever seen. Still, if it does what you want and you like it and it's cheap then go for it.
    Sounds like you don't need or want Mac OS so if there's a cheaper option, why not?

5. glossywhite thread starter macrumors 65816

glossywhite

Sorry, did the "ROFL" not give you enough of a clue as to my sarcasm?. Haha!. No PCs for me :p

6. optophobia macrumors 6502a

optophobia

[​IMG]

The alien-transformer like Aspire Predator gaming PC has finally started to ship in North America, with the low end model starting from a rather high $1,649, packing in the following :-

Liquid-cooled Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.53GHz processor
    NVIDIA GeForce 9600GT graphics card
    4GB RAM
    Dual 640GB hard drives
    Of course, you can get better and faster configurations by throwing in more dough, where the $2,199 model nets you an Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz processor, a GeForce 9800GTX graphics card and a trio of 640GB drives. As for the G24 monitor, this $399 LCD monitor boasts a lightning fast 2ms response time at 1,920 x 1,200 resolution, a 160-degree viewing angle and a 50,000:1 contrast ratio bundled into an orange bezel.

7. dryjoy macrumors regular

Sorry - I couldn't work out ROFL. Still can't... think I'm being thick.

8. optophobia macrumors 6502a

optophobia

Maybe because they didn't know what ROFL meant and didn't know that what you really meant was ROTFL ?

9. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

10. glossywhite thread starter macrumors 65816

glossywhite

I would have thought "ROFL" is near enough to "ROTFL" that the person who knew what "ROTFL" meant would have worked it out... but I digress.

Could this computer be any more ghastly looking?. I mean honestly, you'd have to be on acid to consider the purchase of an Acer computer, let alone an Acer computer this fugly, surely?. How can the designer of such an ugly item take themselves seriously?. I cannot for the life of me imagine in which context the purchase of this PC could be justified. Ever.

11. Transporteur macrumors 68030

Ghastly? That thing is gorgeous! I'd swap my Pro for that PC in a second!

12. glossywhite thread starter macrumors 65816

glossywhite

I sincerely believe you are joking! :D

13. CXsjr macrumors regular

CXsjr

You know, it shouldn't matter what a computer looks like, it's what's inside that matters .... but that, well it could be the fastest, most powerful and reliable, and cheapest thing on earth yet I'd still no more have it in my house than I would gouge out my own eyeballs with a spoon and eat them! :eek:

Someone pass a bucket ....

14. glossywhite thread starter macrumors 65816

glossywhite

Aesthetics are everything. They affect your well being, your mood and your enjoyment of using an item. To say it shouldn't matter is rather naive, and the only person who could say that, would be a blind person.

15. CXsjr macrumors regular

CXsjr

Oh, I'm well aware of that, believe me, I have been known to purchase many an item based on how it looks. I was just saying that it shouldn't matter what it looks like, but sadly it's a big part of it, for me anyway.

As you will see from my thread HERE, I'm currently trying to decide between two items, essentially based on aesthetics as both are way capable of meeting my needs performance wise.

16. VirtualRain macrumors 603

VirtualRain

If aesthetics aren't important, you can always get this... :p

[​IMG]

17. Kissaragi macrumors 68020

There are much nicer looking gaming pcs out there, but if your not bothered about osx then youd be crazy to buy a mac pro. Youll get much better gaming specs for less on a windows machine.

18. xgman macrumors 601

xgman

It really does.

19. J the Ninja macrumors 68000

Honestly, I think I'd rather have that. It at least is intentionally funny. I don't think that Acer was meant to be funny...:D :D :p