Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ApplePole

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
Wroclaw/Poland
I have a broken display in my MacBook. I wonder if some of you know which display models from various vendors are known to be compatible with MacBook? I was unlucky buying a Toshiba-Matsushita model LTD133EX2A which I found NOT working in a MacBook. So, before i try buying another one, does anyone know which displays (particularly Toshiba's) are MacBook compatible?

The LG.PHILIPS and AUOptronics displays are quite hard to find in Poland, while I can buy a few Toshiba models without problem, but simply don't know which model to go for.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Avenger23

macrumors regular
Dec 28, 2001
Clovis, NM
I'm not sure on what screens will fit into the MacBook for a replacement. This website I found who sells replacement Mac laptop parts will ship internationally. I just thought it might help you out there as a solution. :)

ApplePole

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
Wroclaw/Poland
I'm not sure on what screens will fit into the MacBook for a replacement. This website I found who sells replacement Mac laptop parts will ship internationally. I just thought it might help you out there as a solution. :)

Thank you, I already found a supplier with way cheaper Toshiba displays, visually 100% compatible, with identical dimensions and plugs, but one of these displays I taken to test was not recognized by MacBook, so that's why I ask for known-to-work Toshiba models, as my supplier has a few different models.
I don't want to send my MacBook for repair, as I continuously need it (now with a VGA display), and the supplier is located 500km away from me, so he needs to send me various displays, and as you know, sending via Post Services takes time and money, until I get proper model, it might take a few months of exchange... That's why I ask.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.