Looking for Macbook pro sleeve with air bubbles

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by naffo, Nov 16, 2010.

1. naffo macrumors newbie

my friend once had a macbook pro sleeve that he said he got in staples that featured a clear sleeve with air bubbles on it. it almost looked like bubble wrap. i know there is a sleeve out there called aircube but im not looking for that bc the bubbles are all different, the one my friend had was all even bubbles. anyway ive been searching and i havent been able to find it online so im wondering if anyone knows where i can find it. thanx so much for all ure help.

2. Kyffin macrumors 6502

Best way to keep it safe imo- have you thought about making your own? I used layers of different sized bubblewrap sewn into a cheap haversack (small bubbles on outside and larger towards the laptop to distribute the shock), not only is it a lot more discreet than a laptop bag, but its cheaper and I reckon safer (did drop tests with dinner plates before using in anger!). I know you're after a sleeve but should be just as easy (heck you could even get some gel action into the mix!)

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You don't need air bubbles. The booq Vyper is the best protection I've ever seen in a notebook sleeve. In my opinion, it offers far better protection than any neoprene case, the zippers never come into contact with your MBP, and it looks great!

[​IMG]

4. guitargoddsjm macrumors 6502

I used to work at Staples and wouldn't trust anything they sell to protect a computer (especially a Macbook Pro) particularly well.

My findings are that the Tom Bihn Brain Cell (vertical or horizontal) and the sfbags/waterfield sleevecase offer the best protection for MBPs. Although they are both a bit pricier than other options, they are very well padded and extremely well made.

I personally own a vertical brain cell and love the protection, although it's a little too bulky to fit in my Timbuk2 messenger bag. I'm now considering getting a sleevecase for that purpose. There's nothing like something handmade in the USA for your particular computer model!

5. naffo thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you fo all yre replies. im not as concerned with the durability of the case as the look. i know that sounds idiotic but i really like that look. so has anyone seen the case that im talking about. it actually looks like ure mac is in bubblewrap and it looks cool. thanx.