Looking for Macbook w/ LED Screen, multitouch & non-glossy screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by turtlebud, Jan 15, 2008.

1. turtlebud macrumors 6502a

In the market for a macbook to upgrade my old tibook. but i want one that I'll be happy with for awhile since I don't upgrade that often (my tibook is about 4.5 years old). if the macbook had the following upgrade, it would exactly what I'm looking for. what are the changes that these upgrades will make it into the macbook at ALL and if so, when do you think these upgrades will be included?

1. LED lit screen
    2. multitouch trackpad
    3. non-glossy screen option

2. DocSmitty macrumors regular

I think the LED screen and multi-touch trackpads are a gimme for a future update across the entire line... no clue when though. I don't think you'll be seeing a matte screen option any time soon..

They chose a 13.3" LED-backlit screen 1280x800 native glossy for the MacBook Air. My guess is that same screen will make it's way into the next update for the MacBook so they can use a single part across all 3 lines. Although even when they have a single spec on the MBP screen they have different vendors supplying.. so maybe not.

3. heatmiser macrumors 68020

Agree with the Doc. LEDs and multipads are likely, but glossy's going to be a staple of the MB line. They're almost certainly going to reserve matte for the MBP.