Looking for Macro Software like...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by 1=1?, Sep 8, 2010.

1. 1=1? macrumors regular

1=1?

I want a program where I can press some sort of combination of keys and I'll get a prompt, and then I can type a command that I can customize and it'll type the custom output.

For Instance:
    I hit option-alt-space and something comes up and i type gotoserver and it types ssh -l user 192.168.1.1 so it types it in the terminal for me.
    or maybe even opens up terminal and types that in for me
    maybe it could even wait for a prompt or for some time and then type the password too.

I got quickeys but I can't get it to do anything like this. Any help? Thanks!

2. 1=1? thread starter macrumors regular

1=1?

Thank you!

Wait, is there a way to put pauses or "enter" into the aliases? Sorry about the wrong forum, but I don't know where else to go for this. I guess technically Terminal is a Mac Application.

3. 1=1? thread starter macrumors regular

1=1?

Also, once I'm connected to another server it doesn't read my aliases, I want a more global program that looks for what I type and does it no matter where I am. There's gotta be something like that.

4. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

5. 1=1? thread starter macrumors regular

1=1?

Doesn't quick silver just run programs? I don't know anything about it converting aliases to longer commands, and I really don't think it'd print it out in a program. Like if I'm in terminal it won't write in terminal for me, unless someone can correct me. Thanks.