Looking for magnetic loop sports band

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Choclit99, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Choclit99 macrumors newbie

Choclit99

I exercise a lot with my Apple watch. As everyone knows, your wrist size changes a lot during the day and the key to having the heart rate monitor work correctly is a firm, non-slipping grip. The sports band is difficult to tighten, especially if you are in the middle of exercising. The Milanese loop or the leather loop is the right idea as they are easy to tighten on the fly, but the materials are wrong. While leather would probably work fairly well, it is too expensive to be used as a sports band and would get stained by sunblock, etc. The metal Milanese loop slips too much. What is needed is a flexible sports band constructed with a magnetic loop closure.

Anyone know of anything available like this yet?

2. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

I would try the leather loop. I am drenched in sweat after a workout and it does no harm to my leather loop. I have even washed it with the watch weekly and it has had no effect on it what so ever. It adjusts quickly and never slips.

3. Choclit99 thread starter macrumors newbie

Choclit99

Interesting. I went to my local Apple Store yesterday to do exactly that and the Apple sales person talked me out of it! He was concerned that it would get stained by sunblock, for example. He suggested waiting until someone came out with a silicone loop band like I am asking about in this thread.

4. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

Get a knockoff leather loop for $35. Problem solved.

I have one, it's good quality. And cheap enough to use and abuse.

5. mikemj23 macrumors 6502

Thanks for the link. Just bought one.

6. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

You're welcome. I think you'll be surprised with how good the quality is for the price. Good leather and the magnet is very strong. Just make sure you don't put it on inside-out like I did at first and thought that it was a piece of crap because the magnet wasn't holding lol.

Shipping usually takes about a week from that seller, and his tracking number are as good as useless. But don't worry, it will be in your mailbox on the promised delivery date. I ordered a blue leather loop from him and also a black sport band for $9. Both amazing quality, and both took a week to arrive.

7. mikemj23 macrumors 6502

Great thanks for the information.

8. Choclit99 thread starter macrumors newbie

Choclit99

Good solution to try - thanks! I just ordered one.

9. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

Enjoy! Here's a pic of mine.

Attached Files:

10. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

I guess it shows it's really a third party band because it's recessed on one end and sticks out on the other.

11. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

Ever so slightly. But totally worth the $115 discount.