looking for media player classic for leopard

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by semperfi17, Feb 3, 2008.

1. semperfi17 macrumors newbie

since vlc doesn't work for for some fansubbed videos and the versions of of classic i have found only work for osx8.1

2. nerdbert macrumors regular

nerdbert

MS dropped support for the Mac version some time ago - I don't even know if they ever released anything for intel arch in this regard.

Have you tried mplayer? It's quite reliable.

edit: I'm assuming Flip4Mac didn't help you? In case you haven't installed it you should do that first (if wmv media is your problem).

3. semperfi17 thread starter macrumors newbie

does mplayer play all the codecs that mp classic can? and the trouble i am having is with some .mkv files in vlc where the subtitles are unreadable

4. nerdbert macrumors regular

nerdbert

I don't know since I never dealt with .mkv files - the website should have information about mplayer's features.

5. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I've found that Perian handles subbed (font styles, less CPU usage!) MKV files in Quicktime a lot more nicely then VLC.

In the development tracker they cite more improvements being made in MKV performance as well.

6. semperfi17 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks i wont be able to try it since i am trying to set this up on my friends mac ( i have a pc) and i need a password in order to install these two programs and view the results. ill be back if i am still having issues.

7. semperfi17 thread starter macrumors newbie

the quicktime add on works but im not getting any audio for the mkv file

8. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I have that same problem with certain MKV files as well. It might be relevant to this ticket and resolved in Perian 1.1.