Looking for MetaX program for windows

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by jriddel, Oct 19, 2008.

1. jriddel macrumors newbie

May 15, 2008
    I know I know I'm buying the new macbook when I finish getting the funds for it but I currently have done over 150 movies on my gaming pc and I'm getting ready for an Apple TV. I use the cover art stuff in iTunes but I was wanting something that will permantly write the metadata like in MetaX but for windows.

I have done some googling and I can't find anything like it. Anyone help me out?
  2. d21mike macrumors 68040

Jul 11, 2007
    Torrance, CA
    Good News. Dan Hinsley is working on the Windows Version of MetaX. It is in a early Beta Status. I have been testing it and it looks pretty good so far. Dan said that if you would like to test it you can email him directly. (for spam protection => danhi at cox.net)
  3. unknowng macrumors member

Jan 17, 2008
    Get a copy of this program if you're using a Windows machine. Dan is doing a great job porting this over for Windows. He' been really quick with emails regarding problems (my end not his). I can finally tag my TV shows and they stay that way.

4. bpsmith14 macrumors newbie

Sep 24, 2008
    I got the email this morning. Can't wait to get home a try it.
  5. danhi macrumors newbie

Dec 18, 2008
    MetaX for Windows Version 1.0

I've finally finished up my version of Rod's most excellent movie tagging program, MetaX. If you're looking for something to tag movies with in a Windows environment, look no more. Just go to http://www.danhinsley.com/MetaX.htm for MetaX for Windows.

6. Thomss macrumors member

Oct 2, 2008
    WOW! I've been waiting for this for some time!

amazing, thank you!!! :D
  7. ViperDesign macrumors 6502a

Aug 7, 2007
    Man I have been waiting for something like this! Just great....going to try it out on some movies tonight to see how it works.

I absolutely love the mac version and it hurt me to move back to windows because of that one program.