Looking for Midnight Blue smart cover for iPad Air 2

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by clumsythief83, Apr 16, 2016.

1. clumsythief83 macrumors regular

Hey guys, just bought an iPad Air 2 in gold. Loved it and I want to get a good combo Smart Cover + Clear back case to show off the gold.

The midnight blue color (made for Smart Case) would be superb with my Gold iPad Air 2, but looks like Apple doesn't make them. You guys know where I can find a fake one with the same color?

Also, which clear back case is best if I want to use it with a Smart Cover? I heard that TPU is better because the Hard one breaks easily (mostly corners). Please let me know.

Thanks.

2. Primus84 macrumors 6502

Apple still has them in their stores you just have to ask for them.

3. chabig macrumors 68040

4. clumsythief83 thread starter macrumors regular

Where? I'm in Montreal Canada and only color available on their website are yellow, blue, green, black and red.
    Midnight blue smart cover is only available for iPad mini 4 and iPad Pro. Midnight blue smart case is available for iPad Air 2 tho.

5. Brookzy macrumors 68040

Brookzy

As far as I am aware they never made an Air Smart Cover in Midnight Blue. They made the Smart Case - that's a case and Smart Cover combined - in midnight blue and that's still sold.

This third party one on Amazon is a similar colour.

6. chabig macrumors 68040

I bought a midnight blue Smart Case last week and they are still for sale. Apparently the Smart Cover isn't available in midnight blue.

7. clumsythief83 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, I've seen this case. However, I don't wanna use it with their back case. I just want the midnight blue Smart cover with a clear back TPU case. I just love how the midnight blue color match perfectly with a gold iPad Air 2. The reason I want a detachable front and back is that I don't like having the front part hanging or having to hold it.

8. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

As already mentioned, only the Smart Case was available in Midnight Blue for the Air 2 (I have one).
    The Midnight Blue Smart Cover is only available for the Mini 4, and Pro.

9. Brookzy macrumors 68040

Brookzy

Yesssssssss, and OP knew this and is asking for third party recommendations.

10. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

Considering most posts on here say the same thing, I'm inclined to believe the OP edited their original post.

11. Brookzy macrumors 68040

Brookzy

I was the third response. OP's "but looks like Apple doesn't make them" was there from the start.

12. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

Fair play. My work here is done.

13. clumsythief83 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for clarifying.