Looking for Movie Cataloging Software/App

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Kristiluwh0, Nov 30, 2014.

1. Kristiluwh0 macrumors newbie

Kristiluwh0

Hey guys, I'm looking for help to find a movie catalog app that will work best for me. I've played with a few but not found anything that's quite what I'm looking for.

I'm looking for something that syncs between iPhone/iPad and desktop software.

I also need something that can list what I have on blu-Ray, DVD and what I have in iTunes or digital copy (UV).

Other features I would love are a barcode scanner and the ability to list combo-packs by both films, not just the first one.

I am willing to pay if it has the features I'm looking for.

Thank you!!

2. Rigby macrumors 601

DVD Profiler does most of what you want. It syncs with the desktop software, can scan UPC codes, and supports child profiles for releases containing multiple movies or versions. It also has by far the best community-driven disc database.

It does not support managing iTunes or UV collections (although it has a flag for discs that came with a digital copy). I guess you could improvise by creating a separate collection for those.

3. Kristiluwh0 thread starter macrumors newbie

Kristiluwh0

It sounds perfect but they, unfortunately, do not have a Mac desktop program.

4. Kristiluwh0 thread starter macrumors newbie

Kristiluwh0

I looked at Movie Collectorz's free version. It's perfect, it does everything I want. Unfortunately to go over 50 movies, it's $30 +$15 for iPhone and + $15 for iPad so that's a little above my price tag.