Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sparky9292

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
I love multiplayer games. How do I find them? I know there is a Chess one, but can anyone list their favorite paid/free.

I prefer ones that can be played over EDGE/3G?

shigzeo

macrumors 6502a
Dec 14, 2005
Japan
I love multiplayer games. How do I find them? I know there is a Chess one, but can anyone list their favorite paid/free.

I prefer ones that can be played over EDGE/3G?

it is not my favourite game but it is a great one for use as multiplayer including chat. it however has a somewhat fudgy engine where you may see the ball bounce on the enemy's grounds two or three times but still they can return.

ace tennis online!

Rayfire

macrumors 68030
Aug 25, 2008
PNW

Echo.

Galcon is the best multiplayer, fast-paced strategy game that I've ever bought. Feel free to try out their lite version (they dont have multiplayer) so you could test out their controls. It's really simple, you just tap and slide to the planet you want to conquer. You can also multi tap to join squads of air ships to attack a certain planet. Definitely a must have and worth every penny! Very high replay value I must say.

extralarge

macrumors member
Dec 15, 2008
It's a really cool game, only tried the lite version, and as it's description said, they can support multiple games without wifi! Is it true guys?
and anyone tested it?
And is there any extra credit they ask for? like pay/month stuff.

Rayfire

macrumors 68030
Aug 25, 2008
PNW
It's a really cool game, only tried the lite version, and as it's description said, they can support multiple games without wifi! Is it true guys?
and anyone tested it?
And is there any extra credit they ask for? like pay/month stuff.

Their multiplayer option will work on Wifi, 3G and Edge. Tested since I have the app since they released it.

No pay per month stuff (that's ridiculous) they only charge for their app...

Zincous

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2008
Sacramento CA
I play multiplayer games all the time too.
Here are the ones I play:

Real Soccer 09 (This multiplayer is OK)
Galcon (Fun)
Tap Tap (Free, good)
Quick Draw (My Favorite!)
Uno (Good if you like Uno)
Online Poker (Great if you like poker)
Scramboni (good if you like word games)
Raging Thunder (Alright. If you like car games.)
Touch Hockey (WiFi only, like this a lot too)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.