Looking For New Charge Cable That Will Last!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by jmy2469, Mar 5, 2018.

1. jmy2469 macrumors member

I have an iPhone 6S Plus and I am looking for a new charge cable. Apple cables fall apart, I purchased one of the Anker cables, sometimes the cable falls out of the bottom of my iPhone and when you plug the phone in to charge, it does not start charging. They sent me a replacement and same exact thing. What charge cables are you using? I need to buy something that is going to last.

2. jermy4 macrumors demi-god

Sounds like you have lint in your lightning port on your iPhone. Take a toothpick and clean the lightning port and your anker cables should work.

3. RootBeerMan macrumors 65816

RootBeerMan

I've had great luck with Cirago cables. They're cheap and have had zero issues with them. They fit well and have had no frays or breaks.

4. dmx macrumors 6502a

Apple USB-C to lightning is extremely solid and better built than normal USB-A - Lightning, but thats assuming you have or are willing to purchase a USB-C charger. And its $29.

5. yuru_zmi macrumors newbie

6. dmx macrumors 6502a

Apple Store (or online), or I picked one up from Walmart the other day, so Best Buy and other electronic stores should definitely have it. It’s a well built cable.

7. Starship67 Suspended

Starship67

I don’t know what some of you people do with your cables but I have never had an Apple cable break ever. From the original iPod to my current X.

8. puma1552 Suspended

word. been using apple stuff since 2004 and never a single problem with any cable, ever.

9. dwfaust macrumors 601

dwfaust

This. I have no clue what y'all are doing to your cables.

I have broken exactly one cable since 2010... and that happened when I closed a desk drawer on it the lightning connector, cracking it. I'm still using some of the original lightning cables ... I keep using the ones that I have, and put the new ones away for future use... between my wife and myself we have had about 8-10 iPhones and at least as many iPads... still used the iPads for the grandkids. Each has been taught how to connect/disconnect the lightning cable to/from the iPad... and we've had NO issues.

I have cables in our cars, in my "go bag" (laptop bag), and have taken them to Africa, Central and South America and, as I said, only broken one in nearly 8 years.

10. csurfr macrumors 68020

Agreed. I almost feel like I'm collecting these things as I have never had one break. From the iPod to original iPhone all the way to my X. I feel like they are perfectly fine. I end up asking friends if they need another because I have so many.

11. Truefan31 macrumors 68040

Truefan31

Any plans to make a USB c to lightning cable? Compatible to fast charge the iPhone X/iPad pros?

12. yuru_zmi macrumors newbie

Yes, it's a good idea. But Apple has not been very open to 3rd parties manufacturing lightning to USB-C cables. The ones that are currently available might be counterfeits/questionable if they don't have MFi certification.

13. LordEntropy macrumors regular

I think the reality is that people just do not take care with their things. My daughter had a stack of scratches over her newly replaced screen on her 6 plus maybe a week after it was replaced. I have owned phones and cables for ages and never had any damage. But I take care with stuff. I don’t yank cables. I don’t just throw my phone into a bag. So I think some people are just harder wearing on their stuff.