Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chris4565

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 22, 2018
Hey guys,

I want to replace my old 27" LG UltraFine 5K monitor with a better one since the picture quality is noticeable worse compared to my 16" MacBook Pro. A couple of specs that I want:
  • At least 32"
  • OLED
  • At least 4K
  • 120 Hz
I watched a lot of videos and read many articles and right now, these are the monitors that I like the most (these all use the same panel, so the picture quality is very similar):
  • Asus ROG Swift PG32UCDM
  • MSI MPG 321URX
  • Gigabyte Aorus FO32U2P
The issue is that these get almost exclusively tested together with Windows PCs, meaning that I barely found any reports of people that use these displays together with a MacBook Pro (which is my use case). So could you guys please help me figure out if every one of these displays would be a good match for my MacBook Pro? And if you have any other display that I should also consider getting, please feel free to mention it. Thanks everyone in advance!

TheBigDutch

macrumors newbie
May 7, 2024
Hi, the Asus model offers those specs. Asus model

But I hear Asus has poor customer service. So, should the monitor have problems, as other purchasers have reported, it could be a hassle for you to get it repaired. Asus CS

From reading other posts on these forums, the gigabyte also supports those specs. I am unsure of MSI.

FWIW, I personally prefer LG because I bought a monitor over 10 years ago and it still works.

chris4565

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 22, 2018
Hi, the Asus model offers those specs. Asus model

But I hear Asus has poor customer service. So, should the monitor have problems, as other purchasers have reported, it could be a hassle for you to get it repaired. Asus CS

From reading other posts on these forums, the gigabyte also supports those specs. I am unsure of MSI.

FWIW, I personally prefer LG because I bought a monitor over 10 years ago and it still works.
Thanks for your answer! Actually, all 3 models I listed support the specs I mentioned above, sorry, I wasn't really clear about that in my first post. Actually, because all of these 3 models are so similar, I'm having a hard time choosing one of them. Regarding LG: I would also be happy to buy an LG monitor again but as far as I know there's only a WOLED OLED monitor available with those specs but I would prefer a QD-OLED one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.