Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PaulSpr

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 14, 2013
My current headphone has broken and I'm now looking for a new pair. I mainly use it for sports (the gym and running).

square_louped_OCX_685i_sports_01_sq_sennheiser.jpg

I currently have my eyes on the Sennheiser OCX 685i SPORTS, but I would like to hear if any of you guys have great experiences with certain headphones.

Bonus points if they:
  • are earbuds with earclips (like the Sennheiser model),
  • have iPod controls, but it doesn't need to have a mic for calls,
  • have a decent length cable,
  • come in black or any other non flashy color.

PaulSpr

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 14, 2013
Decided to order the Sennheiser model I mentioned before. Seemed to be best for my needs. They just arrived.

First impressions are OK. They are in-ear, but luckily they come with multiple size ear adapters. I choose the smallest ones so I can still hear traffic arround me while running I mainly listen to Podcasts while running, so audio quality is not my main concern.

I am concerned about the build quality. The cables are pretty thin, thinner than those on Apple's Earpods. The controls part is thicker and heavier which I don't know is good while running. The headphones come with a clip to attach it to your shirt though, but it's a bit bulky and snaps onto the cable, so it's easy to lose.

On the bright side the blue cable and accents are not as pronounced as in the image. It's more of a dark purple. So not as tacky as I thought it was.

All in all, I'm glad I don't have to keep putting my earbuds in while running and that I have controls on the cable so I don't have to take my iPod out while running. But I still don't think I've found my perfect pair of sports headphones.

If I have more experience with them I'll post another update. Hopefully it helps some people in the future.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.