Looking for non-switchers...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by lewis82, Dec 18, 2009.

1. lewis82 macrumors 68000

lewis82

How many people here have had only macs and no PCs before? There are lots of people out here who have never used OS 9, let alone OS 8....

The first computer my parents bought was an iMac G3 back in 1999... I was seven back then. It was running Mac OS 8.5 and it was always crashing when I played Shockwave games in Internet Explorer...

When I look back, it's amazing the progress that has been done in only ten years...

So how many people out here have only had macs?

2. XnavxeMiyyep macrumors 65816

XnavxeMiyyep

My first machine was a Mac IIci. I've always used Mac OS.

3. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

I've been a Mac guy since the beginning. I've used PCs and various UNIX boxes over the years too, but some form of Mac has always been around.

4. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

I've used Macs since I was 3. First one was a Macintosh Classic.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I've used both since the ibm pc-xt and mac se. Does that make me a switcher?

6. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

The first computer I ever used was an old Macintosh (when I was like 10), but I don't think I really count since my first personal computer was a Windows.

7. Queso macrumors G4

8. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

I'm pre-Mac, fom the days of the Apple ][e. Have used PC at work, but at home, it's been Apple all the way!

9. charlesbronsen macrumors 6502a

charlesbronsen

first comp I used was a commodore64... good ol' days:)

10. macbook yes macrumors 6502

during my life, we havent had a PC in my house. I'm not sure the oldest we have had, but I know it was before OS 9.

11. toolbox macrumors 68020

toolbox

There is your problem!

I was a windows user for most of my live now 6 year mac user

12. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

I have always been a Mac user. We still have a Mac being used from 1996! The old Power Mac 9500/150 is still used frequently as an invoice book for my Dad.

I also remember the first home computer we had - it was either a Centris 650 or a Quadra 650 - none of us really remember specifically. I remember playing Doom on that machine frequently, which my mother disapproved of, since I was pretty young at the time! :p As a previous poster has said, we have also had a couple of Windows machines knocking around, such as a Windows 95 machine, A Windows 98 Time machine, and even a Compaq me and my brother got for a Christmas with Windows ME on it. I ended up accidentally blowing up that computer... And due to us having Windows machines, now my mother, brother and sister have their own Windows laptops. My Dad and I have both stuck with Macs, and I think we both intend to stick with Macs for a long time to come.

13. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

My first computer was a Laser 200 (with the additional 16k RAM) and later an Amiga 500, but in 1994 - when I decided to get a "real" computer - I went for a Performa 630CD. Macs just seemed like the best choice...

Since the Laser did run Microsoft Basic, then you could call me a switcher...but it would be kind of a stretch... ;)

14. stone80a macrumors newbie

Gosh, our past looks the same. I also used the Laser 200 as my first computer, and I actually managed to wear down the letters on the rubber keys. I remember how difficult it was to type on it.

The first program I ever did was a block graphic of a smoking cigaret, which took me weeks to do. Mmm - really a trip down memory lane here :)

15. lewis82 thread starter macrumors 68000

lewis82

Back then Safari didn't exist... Apple just chose to include IE instead of Netscape;)

16. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

I've never owned a PC but I have used them in a few jobs in the previous century.

17. kindablue09 macrumors regular

kindablue09

First mac that I can remember was an LC III. Crystal Quest kicked ***, I hear its on the iphone now :cool: I do believe that had OS 7.something on it at one point.

Before that it was some B&W box that I vaguely remember... mac classic maybe?

Edit: O yeah, I've never owned a PC :p

18. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I've always owned Macs, never had a PC.

19. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I've always owned Macs. First computer I used was an Apple ][e, oh the joys of non-GUI based Operating Systems :D