Looking for Notification software (RSS?)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by definitive, Mar 11, 2010.

1. definitive macrumors 68000

definitive

I'm looking for an application that would notify me of postings on CraigsList. Preferrably something that would pop up a message, or some kind of a counter like Mail app when it gets a red dot with number of new emails. Some of the options that I need is for the app to display the direct link to the listing, or some kind of an email notification, and also some word filtering. I tried notify.me, but its app doesn't seem to work, and filtering doesn't either. It does email me, but the Google email notifier can take a while before it checks mail again, so I'd like something that can check every 5-10 minutes. Anyone know how I could do this, and with what app?

2. Pomeroy macrumors 6502

Pomeroy

I use Vienna with Growl. I have it set to update CraigsList every 15 minutes but will go as low as 5 minutes. Vienna will give you the red badge and growl with give you a visual popup. But just about any RSS reader of your choice should let you get updates from CraigsList.

3. definitive thread starter macrumors 68000

definitive

thanks, i'll give it a try. i also tried a few other readers, but they were not as simple as vienna, though vienna did miss one or two of the postings that i was looking for due to additional characters present in the posting's title. the word filter isn't exactly what i was looking for, but it will do for now. again, thanks.