Looking for old Mac OS X game about sharks

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by gkc4, Jul 6, 2008.

1. gkc4 macrumors newbie

Very random question, but I've been searching (unsuccessfully) for this computer game made for Mac that involved sharks. From what I remember, you basically created your own shark and watched it grow/have babies/etc. Anyone know of it?

2. nagromme macrumors G5

nagromme

You're not thinking of Jaws Unleashed are you? (Probably not, but it's all I can think of. I don't even know if it made it to Mac, but I seem to recall hearing plans for that.)

3. gkc4 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply, but no... the game I'm looking for is basically just you watching your shark grow/interact with other sharks. lol

But as a side note, does anyone know any games similar what I'm talking about? Like Sims, but not w/ people.

4. ruinfx macrumors 6502a

5. martychang macrumors regular

Uh, Odell Down Under? That wasn't for Mac OS X iirc, but it was for Classic Mac OS.

6. gkc4 thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry, no, this game deals just with sharks. All I remember about how you got it was that it was a simple download from the internet...

7. nagromme macrumors G5

nagromme

Don't know. There was a game called Feeding Frenzy but I think you were just a fish.

Reminds me of Wolf Quest though, an edu-game I keep meaning to check out. It's free and very modern (3D etc.):

http://www.wolfquest.org/

8. gkc4 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, the game I'm looking for does sound like Wolf Quest. Thanks for the help! I'll check out Wolf Quest if my search turns out unsuccessful.