Looking for Old T Style 85W MagSafe Charger

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by JKingsnorth, Mar 17, 2014.

1. JKingsnorth macrumors newbie

Does anyone know or have a New GENUINE Apple 85W MagSafe Adapter with the old white T Style connector?

I will gladly pay for it using PayPal or I can possibly trade for a new style MagSafe as well.

Please only Brand New Genuine items

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

The T-connector was replaced due to the ease with which it could be damaged. What is the problem that you are trying to solve with this obsolete and potentially dangerous connector?

3. waw74 macrumors 68030

you meant the one they include on the newer magsafe 2 models?

4. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

No. Prior to the Magsafe 2, the Magsafe 1 was originally a T connector, but then was replaced with the L connector because the old style T frayed and broke. Yes they are back to a T style, but is completely different than the dangerous old school T.

OP: I'd recommend you try to find an L connector. You are more likely to find one of those new and are fully backwards compatible with the old T connectors...

http://www.amazon.com/Apple-Magsafe...F8&qid=1395074576&sr=8-1&keywords=magsafe+85w

5. JKingsnorth thread starter macrumors newbie

The T adapters were discontinued because when bent around the back of the MB/MBP they would put stress on the connector. The L design was introduced to eliminate this HOWEVER some people use the adapter a little different. The way the cord goes when I sit in my chair or my desk that I use my MBP at creates the EXACT same "dangerous" issue with L shape magsafes and destroys them thus I use the T shape....

Oh and BTW this is a MagSafe 2 Adapter sold by Apple TODAY for Retina Display MBP which is the same exact design and will pose the same exact problem as the T shape and L shape... It's about the quality of making them not the design. Maybe you shouldn't comment on stuff you know little to nothing about...

http://store.apple.com/us/product/M...-for-macbook-pro-with-retina-display?fnode=5a

I want a T Shape adapter for my own reasons and to this day has proved safe for the past 8 years I've used the T style VS the 4 L shapes that I've destroyed.... If you aren't wanting to help with my question go somewhere else.