Looking for online tools or books to learn FCS

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by alphaod, Apr 28, 2010.

1. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Last year I was offered a new copy of Final Cut Studio for $250, so I jumped on it. I decided I would learn recently, but I don't really have a direction. I have One-to-One (and they have someone who can teach), but I simply do not have time to go to the Apple Store all the time to learn; I figured I'd take a book or online approach. I will probably use One-to-One as a refresher tool.

Final Cut is like a different language—I've used Premiere in the past, but Final Cut is different. I heard Color is a great tool, but it is just confusing. So I don't even want to look at the rest.

I don't mind paying for online tools or books, as long as it's not overboard.

Any advice?

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

www.lynda.com, the voice might be annoying though.

Btw, as I started (1998) with Premiere, moved to Avid (2002) and did take a look at FCP (2008), I have to say, FCP reminds me a lot of Premiere, but as I'm already Avidized, it's kinda hard to get into FCP right now.

And Color is quite another beast, I recently had to CC a small image video, and had the choice between Color or an old version of Combustion. I took the older application.

But Motion is quite easy to learn in my experience, it took me less than a week to get the gist of it and less than a week to use it for some 3D animation created in there, mixed with blue screen footage.

3. alphaod thread starter macrumors Core

alphaod