Looking for Opinions

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by TimothyJacobs, Apr 29, 2012.

1. TimothyJacobs macrumors newbie

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Looks amateur. Not really sure what the purpose of the site is, but I don't think it's something I would go back to.

3. Dhelsdon macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

It looks "cheap" and very free webs.. What I m can by this is that it looks as if you chose one of the many free hosts to make it. I'd recommend starting with a wordpress template or something similar and edit it to your liking.

Pre-made templates usually have a lot of functionality built in and they look excellent!

4. bjett92 macrumors 6502a

Get rid of the rising curtain, for me it started up, then went down and back up and made me want to leave. The body text is too scrunched together and needs more line height. Also it's hard to read the white text on that brown background. Same for the purple heading. The green links are also distracting. It would be much better to use a template and alter it.

5. clemsonhomerun macrumors newbie

I know youre trying but...

Another one of the "why have a website just to have a website/not everyone has to have a website" response...

Just use facebook/myspace instead of spending money on a .com (or .info)....

But if you're doing it just to practice and learn, then thats always ok. Learning by doing is the best way and we pretty much all started this way.