Looking for organizational/to do software with a certain feature

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by scorpsjl, Feb 25, 2011.

1. scorpsjl macrumors newbie

Hello! I'm interested in an app which does the following (rather simple) thing. It would have a place to write down project names, in a list, like a simple to-do app, BUT with a place to write notes, in such a way that I can see the notes for the different projects simultaneously (that's the important part). I'm imagining a list of names, one on top of the other, like folder names in fileview. Just like in file view the names have arrows next to them; when I click each arrow, down pops a few paragraphs of my notes, but I can still see the rest of my projects.

Does anyone know any app with any features like this? I'm sure it would be very easy to code, but I haven't been able to find anything similar.

If not, feel free to suggest any organizational/to-do apps.

Thanks a lot.

2. vistadude macrumors 65816

Run Onenote through parallels. I think this is exactly what you want.

3. DoghouseMike macrumors regular

Without omnifocus, I'd get a lot less done, it's pretty versatile, and you can deffo add notes to tasks. It may be a bit more than you're after though? Awesome software though, and can sync to iphone/ipad if that's your bag

http://www.omnigroup.com/products/omnifocus/

Free trial version, and there's some vids on their site too

4. TreoRenegade macrumors regular

FYI: The Mac equivalent for MS OneNote = Growly Notes, a freebie. Descriptive article, with screenies = http://maketecheasier.com/growly-notes-onenote-for-mac/2011/01/15 . Link to homesite is at bottom of that article.

Also, +1; Concur with statement re OmniFocus. Immediate and consistently flawless / transparent syncs (whether I'm in the house or out of town) are a true bonus to an already powerhouse app.

5. scorpsjl thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks a lot for all the suggestions! I'm going to try growly notes and see if it suffices. Omnifocus looks neat, if only it were free(r)...