Looking for Outlook type software, not entourage

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by baboyako, Mar 2, 2008.

1. baboyako macrumors newbie

hello,
    I'm a pc switcher. i did most of my work on Outlook (calendar, email, tasks, memos) for Pc and synching with my pocket pc. Now I've switched to mac, I seem to be having trouble finding an outlook equivalent software that can sync with pocket pc. I tried entourage but it wasn't quite there. I don't like either the separate apps if ical, address, mail, etc. (not as integrated as outlook).
    Any suggestions?
    tia!

2. steveza macrumors 68000

steveza

I found the only solution for this was Parallels with your office apps running on the virtual Windows.

3. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

yep use Office with either Parallels/VMWare or Boot Camp or buy an iPhone.

4. cwedl macrumors 65816

cwedl

What version of Entourage have you used. I believe Office 2008 has an improved Entourage? Over time you may start to like it, as far as I'm aware there isn't really an alternative...

5. islandman macrumors 6502

Before Entourage 2008 came out, I tried Thunderbird and loved it. It's not as good as it could be, but it's a great solution.

6. kuwisdelu macrumors 65816

Well, personally I like Mail, iCal, and Address Book, but if you want something different I'll second the suggestion for Mozilla Thunderbird. From the same people who make Firefox, so it's pretty good. I'm not sure of its syncing abilities, though.

7. baboyako thread starter macrumors newbie

i have entourage 2008. The problem with it is that it doesn't get/sync the notes/memo and tasks.
    I don't quite like using "again" Windows even in virtual mode. thunderbird looks more like an email app rather than a personal information manager which is what i'm looking for.
    thanks for the replies by the way.

8. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

9. baboyako thread starter macrumors newbie

yes, i'm using the trial version of markspace. there are a lot of workarounds though to make things work. For example, notes doesn't get synched with entourage and i have to use the separate markspace notes apps. in addition, all calendars, tasks, have to be under the category "entourage". so far, i haven't found any integrated type software.