Looking for PDF storage/reader or way to save where I left off

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lokiju, Jul 13, 2008.

1. lokiju macrumors 6502

I have a number of ebooks in pdf format and would love to be able to store and view them from the device, so far all I've found is ways to view ebooks or pdfs with an active connection.

I found a VNC app that does the trip (VNC Lite) so that is no longer a need.

EDIT: I'm looking for a way still to store for offline viewing of ebooks in various formats (.txt, .pdf, .doc) and or a way to at least save where I left off when reading these sort of files from email or a website if nothing else.

It's very annoying trying to get to where I left off for a couple hundred page ebook when I have to page by page "flick" (scroll) through hundreds of pages.

Does anyone know of a better way or a app out there that will do what I'm looking for an also work on a Windows PC?

2. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

3. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

I have FileMagnet and it works beautifully to load up files onto the iPhone/iPod touch.

You need Leopard to run the desktop based up-loader and getting stuff onto my iPod touch was a breeze with it.

4. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

Your first request is easy and done. The 2nd request seems to be a challenge for the iPhone developers out there.

5. lokiju thread starter macrumors 6502

Is there a program that will work on a windows PC?

anyone?

6. lokiju thread starter macrumors 6502

7. Loge macrumors 68020

Loge

They now have the uploader available for Tiger 10.4.11 as well. :) I will be checking this out later.