Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lokiju

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 10, 2008
I have a number of ebooks in pdf format and would love to be able to store and view them from the device, so far all I've found is ways to view ebooks or pdfs with an active connection.

I found a VNC app that does the trip (VNC Lite) so that is no longer a need.

EDIT: I'm looking for a way still to store for offline viewing of ebooks in various formats (.txt, .pdf, .doc) and or a way to at least save where I left off when reading these sort of files from email or a website if nothing else.

It's very annoying trying to get to where I left off for a couple hundred page ebook when I have to page by page "flick" (scroll) through hundreds of pages.

Does anyone know of a better way or a app out there that will do what I'm looking for an also work on a Windows PC?

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
I have FileMagnet and it works beautifully to load up files onto the iPhone/iPod touch.

You need Leopard to run the desktop based up-loader and getting stuff onto my iPod touch was a breeze with it.

lokiju

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 10, 2008
I have FileMagnet and it works beautifully to load up files onto the iPhone/iPod touch.

You need Leopard to run the desktop based up-loader and getting stuff onto my iPod touch was a breeze with it.

Is there a program that will work on a windows PC?

anyone?

Loge

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2004
England

They now have the uploader available for Tiger 10.4.11 as well. :) I will be checking this out later.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.