Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mazdamiata210

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2014
That is just one of many toggles inside Location Services that can individually be turned off. Not the same as turning off Location Services entirely.

Besides iAds won't be around long. They killed off that team over a week ago.

I never said to turn off location services entirely.

JamesMB

macrumors 68000
Jan 2, 2011
Texas
the most idiotic suggestion is to turn off LTE. Carriers are claiming their LTE networks are the fastest in order to try and make customers switch and this suggestion is exactly the opposite.

"Hi, is your smartphone data connection too fast for your taste? Do you like to stare at a pinwheel spin for minutes while you wait for data to load? Do we have a solution for you! Disable LTE and enjoy those wonderful slow speeds. Now you have an excuse for not liking your friends Facebook post.

Act now and we'll show you how to disable location services! Who needs a Navigation app? I got my trusty Compass and Thomas guide right here!. Near by restaurants? Pffft. I'll just keep driving until I see something"
I couldn't figure out how to give this post more than one like....:D I'm still laughing....

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
I have no LTE in my area and I'm on wifi 99% of the day.

I don't search since I have about 12 apps on my phone that all fit in one home screen page.

Background app refresh has proven to be completely useless on almost every app.

I don't travel out of my time-zone.

What else you got? Again, I don't see how this stops my phone from working as intended. Oh boy, my time is off!
So basically your advices apply only to you....
[doublepost=1453445951][/doublepost]
Tell me why I need "Location-based iAds"
You are getting ads anyway... Better to have something relevant

Reactions: JamesMB
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.