Looking for phone holder for car

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Nicksb, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Nicksb macrumors newbie

so I have a 7 plus with a otter box defender, and I’m looking for a car mount that will hold it while driving so I can use my gps app while driving. Does any one know of any good ones to use? I would also like to still be able to plug my charger in it while it’s in there.

2. kingston73 macrumors 6502a

kingston73

my absolute favorite car holder is the proclip versions. They are more expensive than others but they are by far the most solid, most useful I've ever used. They make mounts specific for each car model and phone mounts that are either universal or specific to phone models.

I like the universal models because they are adjustable for width so you can switch cases and still have a useful holder. The best thing about them are they are extremely easy to use 1 handed.

3. Nicksb thread starter macrumors newbie

How does it install in your car the air vents , or does it come with a suction cup for the window?

4. kingston73 macrumors 6502a

kingston73

5. TunaTaint macrumors newbie

TunaTaint

PRO CLIP rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have one and will never use anything else

6. kilcher macrumors 65816

kilcher

Do you have to put a magnet in your case? How does it hold the phone?

ETA: Ah, I see, you buy a second part. Wow, that does get a little steep.

dash.jpg

7. Apple fanboy macrumors Nehalem

Apple fanboy

You buy a holder part to attach to the clip.

Not cheap but the best I've ever used. Even had to install one in my bosses car after he saw mine.

8. davidg4781 macrumors 68020

Another vote for ProClip. The good thing is you can keep the base and buy a replacement phone part when you get a new phone, if needed. I bought it for the iPhone 6. The 8 SEEMS to work with it. It’s an adjustable model for the smaller cases, but it just doesn’t seem to slide in as nice as the 6.

You can also sell the old one.

One thing to note. I bought the one that has the built in Lightning cable. It was really nice. But, I kind prefer using EarPods to the car speakerphone thing. I can’t do that with the 8 since there’s only one plug. And I thought I’d be ok with just laying it in the seat but I don’t like that either.

9. bmms8 macrumors 68020

I’ve been using proclip for the last 8 years!

I have two “iPhone 6/6s/7/8 adjustable device holders” I no longer need. Reason being is my household upgraded to + phones and they all have cases :/

These holders work with the 6+/6s+/7+/8+ WITHOUT a case (naked)

Lmk or pm me if anyone is interested. Thanks!

10. Brookzy macrumors 601

Brookzy

Another vote for ProClip/Brodit here.

Their attention to detail is great. Especially how they do versions for different cables, e.g. a standard Lightning cable vs. Lightning to 30-pin (which is what I use).

11. Ulenspiegel macrumors 68040

Ulenspiegel