looking for power supply

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by bluskiff99, Sep 29, 2016.

1. bluskiff99 macrumors newbie

looking for power supply mac pro 2012 in canada. Strange apple don't have parts for a 4 year old computer.

2. carpsafari Suspended

carpsafari

I have a brandnew PSU for MP 2009-2012, but I'm in Holland.

3. h9826790 macrumors 604

h9826790

They should have that, of course not on the Apple website, but if you go to Apple store and ask for a repair / replacement, they should the parts to complete the job.

4. carpsafari Suspended

carpsafari

5. ActionableMango macrumors 604

ActionableMango

They should be around. Apple's policy is to provide hardware support for 5 years after a model was last manufactured.

The part number is 661-5449. A search provides many sellers. I don't know about Canada, but I don't see why they wouldn't be for sale there. Worst case you could buy one from the US and pay duties.

6. bluskiff99 thread starter macrumors newbie

still trying ti nail this down I have spent 2 days trying to get it through apple store/ apple care. I am now on we love macs web site. The repair place I took the computer is certified apple repair but they can't get the part. closest apple store 5 hours away in another province. My understanding is they can get the part but they will not sell it to me. I would have to take the computer there and have them fix it.

7. bluskiff99 thread starter macrumors newbie

So I ordered it from dvwarehouse Don't know what the eta is yet just hoping the internet gods help it find me.

8. jbarley macrumors 68030

jbarley

I've had good dealings with dvwarehouse, purchased 2 G5's including my quad from them.
    I'm also in Canada.