looking for program for photo slide show with custom zooming? ilife 09?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by thedommer, Apr 12, 2009.

1. thedommer macrumors regular

Hi. Im doing a photo slideshow with some video sliced in. It should all have clean transitions that include slight zooming, scaling, panning. Each transition needs to be customized for each shot so the zooming doesn't randomly zoom into an arm or a forehead or something rediculous :)
    as of now I presume adobe premiere is what I will be using as it can do all that. I was just curious if ilife09 does it or something else so that I can get it done fast and as streamlined as possible.

the presentation then has to be burned to a DVD.

Thanks for any replies.

2. NinjaMonkey macrumors regular

You can create a photo slideshow in iMovie. It also lets you control the start and end point of the "Ken Burns effect."

3. sl1200mk2 macrumors 6502

This works great and is just fine if you simply want the Ken Burns effect. I wanted to get a little fancier, so I would suggest FotoMagico. It's a fantastic slide show creation program that gives you tons of options and flexibility. What I do is create the slideshow portions (one or more) in Fotomagico, then export them to video and bring it into iMovie to combine with other parts and tie it all in with one or more sound tracks. It's really a great combination!

When you don't need to mix with video you can solely create slideshows within Fotomagico and export them to video or burn directly to CD/DVD in the application (no need for iDVD).

Good luck -

Wayne

4. thedommer thread starter macrumors regular

very cool. Ill look into that. thanks! the most important thing is that I can custom pan zoom etc each photo so that the panning and zooming makes sense.