Looking for Rafting Trip recommendations in Pennsylvania area

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by rawdawg, Jun 10, 2010.

1. rawdawg macrumors 6502

I live in NYC and am getting married in a few months. A friend told me he went to someone's bachelor party in West Virginia and it was an all-inclusive type 2-day trip with rafting and camping (there were small cabin's at a campsite with a section where they could be rowdy and drink until 2am) where basically they were "shuttled around like cattle rafting and having a great time and being fed". The meals were taken care of, transportation to and from river all taken care of.

The only problem is, the place is 9 hours from NYC (in West Virginia). Half my friends live near DC so only 5 hours from them isn't bad, but I was hoping to find something between the NYC and DC areas so we can meet in the middle.

I have no real rafting experience but am not interested in Class V white nuckle rides anyhow. I just want a good time like the place in WV where everything was taken care of.

Does anyone know of places like that closer to NYC? thanks!

2. AdamKonstantin macrumors newbie

If you have a chance I would recommend you go rafting on Tara. More information about the white water rafting, hiking and trekking can be found at:
    Tara River Rafting at Tara Canyon