Looking for replacement cable ...

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by KlytusLord, Jan 26, 2012.

1. KlytusLord macrumors regular

Hi all

I just bought a pair of Beats today, and I was a bit disappointed that the cables do not have full inline controls for my iPhone.

However, I also own a pair of Souls by Ludacris and that cable, which does have full inline controls, works perfectly fine with the Beats.

So, I would like to purchase additional cables of this type. My wife also got a pair of Beats, so it would be great to replace the cables with some that have the inline controls.

My problem is I have not been able to find any online so far. I did find some adapters at Amazon, but I would prefer a full length cable.

Does anyone know if these cables can be purchased separately, and if so, where?

Thanks.

2. iBrody macrumors 6502

I am guessing you purchased Beats Pro's, seeing as the Solo and Studio's both provide in-line mic cables in the box (and Pro's only provide a regular cable).

I just searched eBay with the keywords 'beats mic cable' and there are a few being sold on there.

I emailed Monster when I bought my Pro's a year ago and fibbed telling them that I had just bought 6 month old Solo's from a friend and they didn't include the in-line mic cable when they sold the headphones to me.

Monster Europe initially tried to charge me £20 for a replacement cable, but after providing my debit card details I heard nothing, when I queried this 2 weeks later they said they don't sell these (contrary to their earlier response), so I complained to Monster US and they sent me a Solo cable for free (the cable died after about 4 months though).

One thing to consider if buying the Solo cable for the Pro's is the sound quality which is not on par when using the Solo cable instead of the included cable on the Pro's (volume doesn't appear to be as loud, and the bass seems weaker). Can't say how good the Studio cable sound quality is though, although it might do a better job than the Solo cable as it's a bit thicker (but not as thick as the Pro cable).

However, if you don't own the Pro's then scratch everything in my post lol.

3. vtclan macrumors regular

4. KlytusLord, Jan 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2012

KlytusLord thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks

Thanks for the replies!

I bought the Studio model, and I did get the mic cable, but it is only for answering calls (unless I am seriously missing something in how it works.) I am looking for a 3 button cable so I can control songs and volume as well.

I ordered a pair of cables from the V-Moda link. I'll post again when they arrive and I find out if they work or not :)

5. iBrody macrumors 6502

Aah I see, well if the V-Moda cable doesn't work then the Solo cable will fit in both the Studio's and Pro's and has volume up/down and call button.
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw...roltalk&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

6. vtclan macrumors regular

The black mic cable that comes with the studios do change songs. It's just a one button control so you can't adjust your volume with it. If you press the black rectangle looking thing once it'll play/pause your music. Twice will skip to the next track and three times will be the previous track.

7. KlytusLord thread starter macrumors regular

Yay!

I received the V-Moda cables today and they work perfectly!