Looking for second display for mid 2010 iMac

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by gelie, Sep 2, 2015.

1. gelie macrumors 6502

I have a 21's mid 2010 iMac and looking to add a second display. I would like it to ascetically match the iMac as possible while being able to view horizontal as well as vertically. Thx

2. gelie thread starter macrumors 6502

3. s0nicpr0s macrumors regular

s0nicpr0s

It seems that you might indeed need to buy yourself a cable, or at the very least an adapter. The monitor I purchased from Dell including a VGA, DisplayPort and Mini DisplayPort cable. But yours doesn't list the MDP -> DP. I might suggest if you do go with that monitor that you purchase a cable just in case and then just return it if one comes in the box.

4. gelie thread starter macrumors 6502

I thought this one includes:
    A comprehensive range of analog and digital connectivity ports and cables are included:
    • VGA
    • DisplayPort
    • DVI-D (excluding DVI-D cables)
    • USB

5. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 604

True but nowhere does that say mini display port to display port so if you mac is mini display port you will need a cable.

6. s0nicpr0s macrumors regular

s0nicpr0s

Looking at a product information sheet from Newegg, it does seem that it doesn't include the mini displayport -> displayport cable. So go ahead and get yourself one of those as well. As I suggested before, it can always be returned if Dell surprises you and had one packed in.