Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gelie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 7, 2010
I have a 21's mid 2010 iMac and looking to add a second display. I would like it to ascetically match the iMac as possible while being able to view horizontal as well as vertically. Thx

s0nicpr0s

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2010
Illinois
It seems that you might indeed need to buy yourself a cable, or at the very least an adapter. The monitor I purchased from Dell including a VGA, DisplayPort and Mini DisplayPort cable. But yours doesn't list the MDP -> DP. I might suggest if you do go with that monitor that you purchase a cable just in case and then just return it if one comes in the box.

gelie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 7, 2010
I thought this one includes:
A comprehensive range of analog and digital connectivity ports and cables are included:
  • VGA
  • DisplayPort
  • DVI-D (excluding DVI-D cables)
  • USB

Samuelsan2001

macrumors 604
Oct 24, 2013
I thought this one includes:
A comprehensive range of analog and digital connectivity ports and cables are included:
  • VGA
  • DisplayPort
  • DVI-D (excluding DVI-D cables)
  • USB
True but nowhere does that say mini display port to display port so if you mac is mini display port you will need a cable.

s0nicpr0s

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2010
Illinois
Looking at a product information sheet from Newegg, it does seem that it doesn't include the mini displayport -> displayport cable. So go ahead and get yourself one of those as well. As I suggested before, it can always be returned if Dell surprises you and had one packed in.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.