looking for second opinion on ipod 4g

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by crpowell67, Sep 4, 2012.

1. crpowell67 macrumors newbie

I was recently given a ipod 4th gen 64gb by a guy I know, the screen is badly cracked to where the digitizer cable is split so touch is not working I can hold down the home button to activate voice and play music I can still see the lcd completely I just ordered a new screen/digitizer to replace does this sound to anyone like it will be all it needs ( I also am replacing the wifi antenna being half of it is missing) just looking for opinions on if you think it will work with the new parts.

2. dejesu macrumors newbie

i would fix it.. actually it might just be cheaper to buy a new [used] one

3. crpowell67 thread starter macrumors newbie

I already ordered the screen/digitizer it should be here friday I bought a new wi-fi flex cable yesterday noticed it was missing some of it figured since the glass in gone where it was the glass took it with it all together I paid a little over 25.00 for the parts

4. bloutrein macrumors regular

bloutrein

since you already spent the money to buy the parts try fixing the device. Hopefully you know what you are doing. Are you fixing it by yourself or your are letting someone else do that for you?

5. crpowell67 thread starter macrumors newbie

I am doing it myself looked around at videos and stuff showing how to do it what to be aware of as for taken caution with volume/power flex cable not to crack the board while lifting I do repairs on lcd tv's and others I think I SHOULD be alright

6. crpowell67 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well got the parts today installed and it works 100%