Looking for slimmest, lightest case for 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by creativedogmedia, Nov 6, 2011.

1. creativedogmedia macrumors 65816

creativedogmedia

I have the Mophie Juice Pack but only use it for travel. I have been using the standard Apple bumper and it's ok. I picked up the PowerSupport jacket - http://www.powersupportusa.com/catalog/product/view/id/430/s/air-jacket-set/category/54/and love everything about it except the fact that it doesn't sit higher than the glass of the iPhone. Is there something else out there that is similar but that sits up just a smidge higher? I also use the PowerSupport HD screen protectors (they rock by the way) but not sure it would protect a fall on its face. Thoughts?

2. deeddawg macrumors 604

I'm not sure that projecting slightly past the front surface would make a difference in a drop; typically (IMHO) damage would result from either an edge hit or from impacting a sharp protrusion such as a stone slightly above the average surface level. Any of the shells will give some protection to the former, none to the latter even if the edges project forward slightly.

If it makes a difference to your peace of mind though, check the Incase Snap; while I've not seen the current version the one I got in August 2010 through the Apple case program does have the edges protruding slightly forward of the screen surface.

3. creativedogmedia thread starter macrumors 65816

creativedogmedia

Good point. Think I'm over analyzing it? I really like the case but don't want to run the risk of damaging the face.