Looking for software that helps dealing with Matrox DualHead setup

Discussion in 'macOS' started by harly, Apr 10, 2013.

1. harly macrumors newbie

Hey,

I am running a (closed) Macbook Pro with a Matrox DualHead2Go DP Edition and two Dell 24" monitors attached at work which results in the system recognizing one giant display which spans over both monitors. The thing is I really don't like the fact that you can't choose the option to treat the two monitors as two separate displays.

For example when I choose to run win8 in parallels and want to stick it to the right monitor I still have (the right half of) my menubar above it - which is annoying because it has no business being there in that situation.

The Matrox PowerDesk somehow seems to be able to manipulate the Dock position but not the position of the menubar :(

Is there Software out there that can help me with that ? - All I found was help for the inverse Problem in which someone has two physical displays and wants a menubar on each of them etc.

Is there an alternative to the DualHead2Go which would allow to connect two monitors to a macbook pro without them ending up as one giant display?

Hope someone has an idea.

- yours,
    harly

2. sco macrumors newbie

Not that I've been able to find. Been running a DualHead2Go off an MBA for a number of months now. There is software for Windows that does this, but I didn't find it a great solution.

Most helpful software I've got for Mac OS is BetterSnapTool which makes it easy to snap a window to one of the two monitors and/or half of one of the two monitors. Similarly, WinSplit can be used inside a Windows VM if you need similar functionality when you make the VM full screen.