Looking for Software

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Rouse3, Nov 13, 2010.

1. Rouse3 macrumors newbie

Hi all!
    I wasn't sure where to post this so.

I have been on a long hunt for some software for use with my MAC. I am looking for software that would manage/organize my e-mails. What I mean by this is if I send/receive an e-mail from someone in my address book then this software would automatically 'file' that e-mail with that contact. This way I could goto an individual contact and see all of the e-mail correspondence for them. Further I would like to attach files to contacts, so if I create document in pages and save it to my hard drive I would like to be able to attach that file to the contact.

I have looked at software like Daylite but this actually does a lot more then what I need and is major over kill!

Let me know if you have any suggestions!

R

2. nelz886 macrumors member

nelz886

What about using smart mailboxes with the contact name as the mailbox name?

3. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

4. Rouse3 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for the Replies... I have considered Smart Mailboxes but I have around 300 Contacts and just setting up that number of mailboxes seems like a daunting task. Could Mail even handle that number of Smart Mailboxes?

My other issue is that my address box is constantly changing, I am always adding and deleting people and to put an extra step of adding or deleting smart mailboxes also seems somewhat over whelming.

I was looking at MS Office for MAC but the reviews on outlook are horrible. I have Office 2004 installed but it uses Entourage which is a worthless program. I tried to use it for a week but it totally destroyed my MAC address book and made life just miserable for me!

I found a program on-line called CRM4MAC and it seems to have most of what I'm looking for but I'm not sure about its' operation yet.. We'll see!