Looking for some advice. Regarding iMac and what to pair with it.

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Ardash, May 15, 2012.

  1. Ardash macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    May 6, 2012
    #1
    I have read through multiple threads just looking for some general advice.
    I have a 13 inch mackbook pro 2.66Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, I have been using for school, and it has about a year left of applecare on it and just had the logic board replaced.

    I also have an 11inch air, well my wife used it for school, but, she graduated and does not really need it anymore. So I inherited it. I love how fast and light it is. I leave my 13 inch at home now because I am always using the air.

    I was having a couple of thoughts and was looking for input.

    I was thinking of picking up a 27 inch iMac later this summer after the refresh as my primary, from there I could do just about everything I wanted. I edit photos, edit video and game a little (Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2) and keep or get a new laptop to complement the 27 inch.

    So I was wondering if I should sell the 13 inch pro and the air and grab a new 11 inch air when they are released to go with my iMac or if I should just hold on to the machines i have and wait a few more cycles. I do not need two laptops though, so I guess I will sell the 13 inch and keep the air. Or what about selling both laptops and getting a new 15 inch air when and if they are released.

    I don't know. First world problems I know.

    Any thoughts?:apple:
     
  2. jj48 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Oct 15, 2011
    Location:
    UK
    #2
    Sell the MBP, buy the iMac and keep the MBA. Having an 11" air and an iMac is a great combo, I don't think you even have a hard choice to make here. If the new MBAs come out and you think they're so awesome that you convince yourself you have to have one - then buy one. No point in considering selling up now when nobody knows the specs or release date of refreshes.
     

Share This Page